Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 8, 2010

First Easter egg hunt at Betsy Head Memorial Park in Brownsville, Brooklyn

BY Randy Kreider DAILY NEWS WRITER
Sunday, April 4th 2010

Easter came a day early in Brooklyn yesterday morning, when dozens of eggs-cited children stormed Betsy Head Memorial Park for a massive egg hunt.
It was the first Easter event at the Brownsville park, but kids hoped it would become an annual spring tradition.
"I wish I had an egg detector," said Mirlaine Tanis, 10, who lives nearby. "I like the colors, like light pink, and the dresses you get to wear."
"I like the chocolate," added her brother, Christian, 8.
He was not alone.
"My favorite thing about this is the candy," said Amber Williams, 7, who accumulated a massive supply of sweets during the bash. "I think I will find 60 eggs because when it comes to eggs, I'm not kidding."
Amber also won the Easter hat contest, scoring her even more candy.
Her mother - who made the pink hat with carnations and an Easter bunny on top - was happy to be outside in her neighborhood with so many people having fun. "It's a beautiful day," said Vanetta Williams, 31. "It's sunny outside, and it's something fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment