Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 13, 2010

Mother Gaston's Brownsville Corner Stories


"One day I was looking out from my stoop and watching all the children play. People were chatting on the street, and it made me think about Brownsville. Though our heritage and culture runs deep, I felt there was something lacking within our community. 

But what was it?

I realized that I wanted to empower the youth and make them proud of their common heritage. Then I knew what I needed to do: create an educational and cultural center for old and young people of the neighborhood. This idea was the seed for the Heritage House."

Mother Rosetta Gaston had a dream for Brownsville. Mother Rosetta Gaston's dream for our community was for everyone to know their culture and history. Understand, if you we do not know who we are, then what are we living for? Mother Rosetta Gaston name still lives on in Brownsville.

Mother Gaston's Brownsville Corner Stories is a page on Facebook where you can reminiscence about the fun times you had in Brownsville. There are a lot of fun filled memories people had shared together in Brownsville. We often tend to go back in time saying "I remember when Brownsville was..."

The page is very interactive! Add yourself to this page if you have a Facebook account!

Here is the link: Mother Gaston's Brownsville Corner Stories on Facebook

This is Rosetta Gaston page: Rosetta Gaston Facebook Profile Page

Lastly, check out the Brownsville Corner Stories stickers and find out more about their quotes at these locations!

Click here: Mother Gaston's Brownsville Corner Stories Quotes and Locations

Remember these words from Mother Gaston herself:

"By connecting with our past we make a stronger present for a better future."

No comments:

Post a Comment