IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING
The Pitkin Avenue BID is seeking a part time temporary employee to help with the planning of its Summer Plaza events. This is a terrific opportunity for a community resident who is seeking supplemental income.
For three Sundays in July, a section of Pitkin Avenue will be closed to car traffic for the Pitkin Summer Plazas. The BID needs a summer employee to assist in programming the space with events, arts and crafts, and recreational activities.
The position will be 20 hours per week Monday through Friday, beginning June 20, 2011 In July, the week will be Tuesday to Saturday because assistance at the Summer Plazas is required. Please note that this does not include July 4th Weekend! The position pays $12/hr.
With the Director’s supervision, job duties will include the following:
• Meet with event partners to discuss programming
• Work with merchants to develop event programming and sponsorship
• Develop promotional materials
• Promote the summer plazas online using Facebook, Blogger and email
• Assist in developing press materials
• Supervise volunteers and block captains during the event
• Assist in setting up for the event, including lifting tables and chairs
• Assist in breaking down the event, including clean up
• Assist the director as needed
Excellent communication skills
Computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, GoogleDocs, and Picasa.
Students interested in urban planning and economic development are strongly encouraged to apply. Send cover letter and resume to Dan Murphy at email@example.com